Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My first blended salsa, and it was splendid.

In one's life, many rites of passage are placed before you on your path to maturity. Your first step, taking the training wheels off your bike, your first car, your first job. This blog post has very little to do with those sorts of groundbreaking achievements, but hey, it's good salsa.

As per usual, this project for a blended salsa was inspired by the fellows at The Paupered Chef. 

Two bags of dried guajillos are soaked in boiling water for half an hour.

In a fit of inspiration, I used the canned tomatoes to be used late to weigh them down.


The peppers are then seeded and stemmed.


Give a bunch of cilantro a good washing and drying.


And combine with all the other ingredients:
28 oz of whole peeled tomatoes, 
half an onion, 
2 cloves of garlic, 
and the juice of three limes


A perfect accompaniment to carnitas...


And chips!


When I do this next time I think I will add some more hot peppers to spice it up. While this had an excellent depth of flavor, it lacked a bit of bite that I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment