Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Being honest with you all - home made pasta, deep fried.

I have to be honest with all of you. I make some really really terrible stuff sometime. Not as in terrible tasting (at least not in a long while), but just really bad for you. Or perhaps an outright affront to cultural sensibilities.

Necessity is the mother of invention, and deep frying is one way to invent yourself a dish out of nearly anything. Take for example my clunky home made pasta noodles.


If that's not evidence I need a pasta maker, I don't know what is. Anyway, they do take in flavor well and seemed right in essence, its just the texture was definitely compromised by the thickness of the pasta. But hey, waste not right?

BEHOLD!My creation. Home made pasta a la deep fried monstrosity. I soak the noodles in tomato sauce to take in more of that pasta like feeling for a while, then fry it up. Add a marinara and ranch sauce and you're good to go!

I'm really sorry to anyone who thinks I'm insane for doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment