Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pizza Dough.

In today's therapy session I figured it was time to address the crusty nature of the everyday... by creating some of my own! Specifically a pizza crust! I am so cheesy. Wait, that's the next post. Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself.

Mise en place: salt, Italian seasoning, flour, yeast, olive oil, lukewarm water.


2.5 teaspoons of yeast into the lukewarm water.


Oh almost forgot. What I like to do, perhaps out of superstition is to add a bit of sugar... of the non granulated variety. Typically I use a dab of honey, but today I went with maple syrup.
Notice the shockingly different color.
Gradually work in a 1.5 cups of flour and add enough water to obtain a relatively shaggy mass.

After that, add a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon or two of salt, and two tablespoons of Italian seasoning.
At this point you can start kneading it and eventually you want to get a lovely little ball like this below. Add flour if its too sticky, water if its too dry and still shaggy.


Ah, look at that lovely just slightly tacky ball of dough.

Let rest and rise for an hour, and it should look like this!

Punch it down and.... ok it doesn't look that great now, but don't worry, the end result is far prettier.


Next post, we'll get to the good stuff. Pizza!Til next time folks.

1 comment:

  1. Right on! I can't wait to see how the pizza turned out... with CHEEEEEESE!! :-)

    ReplyDelete